Wednesday 16 October 2013

A.Meredith Walters "Perfect Regret (Bad Rep #2)."

@AuthorAMWalters    @cooljo78
Review: A Meredith Walters "Perfect Regret."

~4 Hearts: Jo Rushton ~

Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/16MvIHQ

Synopsis:

Riley Walker makes all the right decisions and knows exactly where her life is headed.

Riley Walker does not make mistakes.

Riley Walker certainly doesn’t make spontaneous decisions.
But then Riley Walker gets dumped.
Spectacularly, gut-wrenching, stomp all over her heart dumped. And she is feeling more than a little angry. And a whole lot bitter. And suddenly the girl who has always done everything right feels like doing something completely wrong.

Garrett Bellows, lead guitarist for the local band, Generation Rejects, is going through life without a plan. Trying not to think past the next gig or the next party, he has worked hard to not become too attached to anyone or anything. So he is shocked to find himself drawn to the snarky girl with a chip on her shoulder. She pisses him off and puts him down. He knows she’s nothing more than a self-entitled college brat who thinks she’s better than the townie boy without a future.


Alcohol and a hefty dose of lust leads to a night both Riley and Garrett immediately regret. Her embarrassment, his pride and the weight of rumors and misconceptions convince Riley and Garrett that their one-time indiscretion will never be repeated. Particularly when their harshest critics are each other.

But how do you reconcile a head that wants to let go with a heart that keeps holding on?

And what happens when your biggest regret begins to seem almost perfect?

Review by Jo:

"Perfect Regret" is the second book in the "Bad Rep" series but it can be read as a standalone.

This book focuses on the story of Riley and Garrett. Riley had her life all planned, she knew the path she was going to follow and nothing and no one was going to get in her way. Well that is until Garrett came along. Up until this point, I found myself really liking her character. She was strong willed, feisty and very witty. Some of the comments she made were just laugh out loud hilarious. The minute Garrett made an appearance though, she changed and not for the better. Unfortunately she seemed to turn into a complete bitch. She refused to acknowledge her growing feelings for him and said some god awful, heartless things. Her stubborness really frustrated me and to be honest, I became a little disheartened by her character. My initial connection with her character was lost. 

"No one bantered Riley Walker. Especially not a guitar paying, 
pot smoking, needs a haircut in the worst way, jackass."  

Garrett came across as a bit of a bad boy, a bad boy that REALLY appealed to me (don't they always!!!). He hid his true character from those closest to him allowing them to see him as a drug taking, alcohol drinking individual. However, he took a bit of a shine to Riley and for some reason, found himself attracted to her challenging personality. When he was around her, he changed. He opened up and let her know how he felt about her (now that was a contradiction to the character his friends were used to). 

"When I tell you you're beautiful, I'm not just saying that. I'm saying it because you are. 
You. Are. Beautiful. And I want to kiss you more than I 've ever kissed anyone in my entire life."

The words he spoke were just beautiful. If he'd have said those words to me, my heart would have well and truly melted so I just couldn't believe that Riley was reacting the way she did. What was wrong with this girl?
"My heart isn't strong enough to survive you, Riley. 
You won't just bend it, you have the power to shatter it to tiny pieces."

The end of the story didn't result in a nail biting cliff-hanger which was a relief although to be honest I would have liked the story to have continued a bit longer, I felt the ending was kind of quick and happened just as things were getting good and I was beginning to like Riley again. I definitely could have read more about Garrett, I think I found myself falling a little bit in love with him!

I loved catching up with Maysie and Jordan from "Bad Rep" and it was great to see how their relationship had progressed. There are another two books in this series, so fingers crossed I will get another dose of Garrett and Riley. I really do feel I need more from them. 

I rated "Perfect Regret" 4 hearts.

Links to the first book in the series "Bad Rep":

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/16MvT62
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/1hu6m0x

No comments:

Post a Comment