Tuesday 10 September 2013

Review: J.C Reed's "Conquer your Love."

@JCReedAuthor
Review: J.C Reed's "Conquer your Love."

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/1e4c2g1
Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/17N2xjG  

Synopsis: 


Meeting Jett was like bad luck. Dangerous. Unpredictable. And better avoided. In his game, the stakes are high. But are they worth the risk?
Brooke Stewart, a Realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god. The man who played dirty. The man who played her.

Sexy, rich, and arrogant Jett Mayfield knows he has made mistakes. He could have any other woman, and yet it’s Brooke he wants. When second chances collide with secrets and Brooke is threatened by the past, Jett is determined to protect her. She accepts his help unwillingly because she needs him but she wants to play his game on her own terms. And she has no intention to forgive or let him back into her bed.

When the man she is supposed to hate is the one she should trust, will he conquer her…or lose her forever?

A woman who can’t forgive.
A man who has made mistakes.

Two lives that are about to cross again and more secrets laid bare.

Review: Surj


"Conquer your Love" started literally where "Surrender your Love" finished. The almighty cliff hanger leaving us open mouthed and in complete shock because I don't think any of us saw that one coming!!! Brooke had finally opened up her heart to Jet. She allowed him in and bared her soul  so was left completely devastated when she realised his intentions had been anything but genuine. For Jet, what had started off as a ploy to get Brooke to hand over the Lucazzone Estate had turned into so much more. He knew he'd made a huge mistake and at the end of "Surrender your Love" and we saw him let her go:

"I care enough for you to let you go," he whispered. "But I'll never stop protecting you."

And never would Brooke need protecting as much as she did when she returned to Italy with Sylvie. Yes she was on the verge of inheriting a multi-million pound estate but with that came another huge price tag, possibly one she would end up paying with her life. So who would be her knight in shining armour? Yup, you guessed it, the one and only Jet Mayfield!!! (Yay as I did a little happy dance.) 

From the minute Jet walked back into her life it was game over. I just knew she wouldn't be able to resist those green eyes, that body and that charm:

Even though he had crushed my heart and I knew about the kind of jerky trick he had pulled on me, I still couldn't help the tiny butterflies fluttering in the pit of my stomach.

Each time she saw him, it became harder and harder to resist the pull. Jet was not one to take no for an answer (he was all alpha ... just the way I like them) but he knew he had to tread carefully. One thing was for certain though, he wouldn't be letting her go a second time: 

“It’s never over. Not until every fight has been lost. And for you, I’d fight.”

I loved the way they danced around each other. It was inevitable that sooner or later they'd end up in bed and that's exactly what happened.  But I had to wait... and wait... and wait for it... and finally at 48% the sparks  flew!!! And it was still as hot as ever (thank the lord.)

Brooke was still cautious with Jet though. Yes she wanted him but she wouldn't allow herself to go through the heart ache again and so she tried to contain her feelings. 

And jet... well he still got my heart racing:

"Even though everything's messed up, I still want you by my side. I still want to be with you, 
within you, inside you, hearing you pant my name."

Holy buggery, I think it just suddenly got a little warm over here!!! This man would stop at nothing to win back the trust of his woman and to make things right... more often than not, it was a panty dropping effort!!! lol

"If you fell, I'd hold you. If you were afraid, I'd wrap my arms around you and take away 
your fears. I'd die to keep you safe, but more than anything I'd do whatever it takes 
to keep you by my side. For you, I'd conquer anything, everything, anytime."

But all was not as it seemed with the Lucazzone Estate and that's why Jet had followed the girls to Italy. The secrets held within the walls of the estate were at risk of being exposed once the old man popped his cloggs and there were a lot of people out there who would do anything and everything to ensure what happened at the estate remained dead and buried. Was Brooke's life as risk? Possibly. And so there was drama and a hell of a lot of action, and I'm talking car chases, robberies, guns!!! Edge of your seat action ladies!!! And Jet, well I found out a little bit more about his dark past and trust me, this man was quite capable of handling everything that was thrown at them!!! Quite a little action man it seems. 

Brooke and Jet's journey to happiness was definitely not a smooth one, and with obstacle and after obstacle being thrown at them, would their love survive? There were definitely a few curve balls thrown in that I didn't expect and one that kinda made me laugh a little because it was soooo not expected and the panic that ensued afterwards had my heart racing a little because the end result could only go one of two ways. 

Overall, a really enjoyable sequel to "Surrender your Love." This one doesn't have a cliff hanger but there are still so many things left hanging in the air. What will happen to the Mr Locazzone and the estate? Who took everything from the house? I can only imagine things getting worse before they get better so hold onto your seats people because I have a feeling this rides going to get a hell of a lot bumpier. 
I rated "Conquer your Love" 4 Hearts. 

"Treasure your Love" is the third and final book in the trilogy and will hopefully be out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment