Thursday 29 August 2013

Review: S.C Stephens "Reckless."

@SC_Stephens_   @KirstyLBooks
Bad Boys of Rock Month
Review: S.C Stephens "Reckless."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/140CdzL
Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/17ctbDV

Synopsis:


Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?

Review: Kirsty

What the hell do you even say when a sequel is that good? When the ending of a series is everything you could have hoped for and more? No, I don't have a clue either. 

I can tell I am going to have a book hangover from hell now seeing as I only had a 4 hours sleep break since I started reading. I picked it up at midnight and just did NOT want it to ever end, it was addictive. 


"I'd found the one. My soul. My better half. My reason for being."


Of course I loved Kellan throughout, much like I did whilst reading Thoughtless and Effortless and if anything I'd say I just loved him even more. In the first two books he was all about his love for Keira and putting his music second, but I loved how that changed in Reckless. His career was top priority for a good portion of this book, sometimes I didn't agree with what he was doing but at the same time I understood.

                                        description


My biggest character shock is saved for Kiera. I never had a huge problem with her like a lot of readers seemed to but I could certainly understand where their annoyance with her came from. Kiera was like a new woman in this book and every change to her was so believable and I was so happy to see. I like to see characters growing through a series and this is exactly what Kiera did. She matured and I loved to see her finally being comfortable in her relationship and knowing that her and Kellan were for keeps. She could have EASILY gone off the deep end (view spoiler) so for a lot of scenes in this book I really admired her and actually felt a little sorry for her but feel she handled things so perfectly. 
"I love you too, Keira. Just you. You're my always."

Of course I have to mention Griffin. What. A. Man. Seriously I need a book about him, like yesterday. He has me cracking up every time he's mentioned and seeing him become a father was just priceless. 


"I'm probably the dirtiest thing on the bus and you sleep with me every night."


To end with I just have to say although I'm sad that the end is here for this series I am so happy with what we got for our ending. Kellan and Kiera deserved a HAE after all they had been through, and theirs was just beautiful.


"I love you. I would do it all over again if I needed to. I’d go back to the beginning for you."
description
Reckless got 5 Huge Hearts from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment