Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Olivia Cunning's "Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret)"

@oliviacunning
Review: Olivia Cunning's "Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret # 4)"


Synopsis:

He went there looking for a sure bet…
Sole Regret’s bassist, Owen Mitchell, is convinced that romance is for chumps. He’s only looking for a good time, and when he spots an attractive, older woman emitting men-suck vibes at a brand new sex club, he’s sure he’s found it.

She went there hoping to get over her ex-husband…
Successful business woman, Caitlyn Hanson, is still infuriated and hurt over her ex-husband’s affair with a much younger woman. She’s only looking to scrub his claim from her body by offering it to the first attractive man who shows her interest, and the young, hot stud, who just sat down at her table, will do quite nicely.

They never meant to get personal…
Caitlyn knows she’s not supposed to get attached to Owen just because he gives her body pleasure unlike any she’s ever known, but it’s her first one-night-stand and she can’t seem to keep her heart out of the equation. For once, Owen finds himself in the same conundrum. He likes Caitlyn too much to keep his heart at a safe distance, but will a mistake from Owen’s past drive her away forever?

Review: Surj

OK so this one was completely off the kinkometer!!!! Olivia Cunning: just when I think I've seen it all with these boys, you go and surprise me once again!!!! Wow. Between them, I don't think there's a single thing these guys wouldn't do when it comes to sex... And I mean literally, nothing seems out of bounds. 

"Touch Me" had me hooked from the start and my heart racing for near on the whole book. I just couldn't put Owens story down, I mean there was so much I needed to find out. If I could have climbed into the characters heads to get a better insight I really would have.

This book tells the story of Owen and Caitlyn (with quite a bit of Kellen thrown in for good measure) and it is HAWT!!! A night in a sex club was what Owen was after. No strings, no commitment, no getting personal.


Owen had long since concluded that romance was for suckers. There would be no more 
heartache in his future. He was through with trying to find someone to love him for who 
he was, not what he'd become.

Those were his rules and he stuck by them. Caitlyn was after a revenge fuck but the minute she walked into that club, she felt out of place and of her depth. That is until she met Owen. He made her feel at ease and even let her play out her fantasies on him... and I mean all of her fantasies. His body became her playground and it was kinky. But nothing is ever straight forward for this band so expecting a HEA was probably asking a bit too much. 

As confident and self assured as Owen came across, much of it was just a front. Owen was  a kind, caring and even romantic individual but he had his own issues. Bullied as a child because of his size, his self image issues definitely continued into his adulthood with a fear of rejection weighing heavy on his mind:

So when you shred his heart, be it tonight, tomorrow, or years from now, take it easy on him. 
He doesn't take rejection well.


I could see that he really wanted more from Caitlyn but there was also confusion ... his head was kind of in a  mess but Caitlyn knew that. She even encouraged him to try and sort it out. I loved that she saw more to him than the looks and the rockstar persona:


”You’re the most beautiful man I’ve ever touched,” she said. 
“Thanks, he said lamely.
“But what is really amazing about you is that your soul is even more beautiful than all 
these tight muscles and bronze skin.” She grinned. “And that’s saying something.” 


Sounds straight forward right? Nope because Olivia Cunning threw in a few curve balls that I didn't expect and so I was left on the edge of my seat, reading as quickly as possible hoping for answers!!! Did I get them? Noooooo !!!! Gutted. I'm hoping that they'll come in Kellen's story though. 

Oh and there's the mother of all cliff hangers with this one, A surprise not even the band expected. A shock.... Hell that's an understatement but I can't wait to see where the story takes me. 
I rated this one 5 Hearts. I just couldn't put the damn book down!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment