Friday 9 August 2013

Review: Jessica Sorenson "The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1)"

@jessFallenStar
Review: The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden

Amazon.com:   http://amzn.to/15F5B1g
Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/14aCR0s

Synopsis:

There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved. 

My Review: Jo

Wow! This book takes you on such an emotional journey and I loved it.

I've wanted to read this book for ages, so with book two being released this week I thought now was the time to start reading it. And I'm so glad that I did because this story ended with such a huge cliff hanger that it would've killed me waiting to see what happened next!

Callie and Kayden  both suffered traumatic experiences in their life. Callie chose to live her life in the shadows, not wanting to attract attention in any way. She was so deeply scarred by what had  happened to her as a child. 

Kayden  lived a life of abuse at the hands of his Father. He kept the abuse a secret, afraid to let anyone know the truth, afraid to let anyone in. 

Both lived in the same town and attended the same school but were never friends. However when Callie interrupted Kayden receiving a beating, she had to intervene. She did so without thinking of the possible repercussions (a completely selfless act... one which I admired her for). Callie never told anyone about that night. And she never saw Kayden again. Well, until their paths crossed at college. 

The couple became friends and friends soon turned to more even though they were both reluctant to take their relationship further.  Both struggled with their insecurities and the secrets that haunted them:
         
 " What if I take a chance and everything crumbles? What if I trust someone enough again and they steal something away from me. I don't really have much left before I'm hollow"

  "I'm feeling things I haven't felt before  and I might be getting in over my head. What if I continue to get to know her and the feelings amplify? I don't deal with feelings"                         

Slowly but surely, the couple gave into their feelings and I found them confiding in each other, sharing their harrowing experiences and trusting each other with their secrets. This makes the bond between them so strong, both understanding the pain that enveloped them.

Callie and Kayden saved one another from their pasts, their love for each other blossoming but I had a feeling this would be short lived.  A visit home for the holidays would change their lives forever with Kayden out for revenge. 

I really did fall in love with the story of Callie and Kayden, they both have suffered such heart breaking sadness in their lives and they really did deserve a "Happily Ever After." I'm hoping that they'll get that in book two " The Redemption of Callie and Kayden".

This book really does deserve 5 huge hearts! 
But be warned this story really does put you through the emotional wringer and will most definitely  pull at the heart strings!

No comments:

Post a Comment