Wednesday 28 August 2013

Review: C.M Stunich' "Get Bent."

@CMStunich  @KirstyLBooks
Review: C.M Stunich' "Get Bent."

Amazon UK:    http://amzn.to/14E1sxH
Amazon.com:  http://amzn.to/19UExPK

Synopsis: 

Naomi Knox is missing.
I don't even f*cking know whether she's dead or alive.
What I do know is that she's the air I need to breathe.
She's my redemption, an all consuming fire that burns in my blood.
And I'll do anything to find her. Anything. Even if it means the end for me.

Turner Campbell is searching.
But he has no f*cking clue what it is he's searching for.
There's darkness all around and enough secrets to choke.
There are angels, and there are devils. It's impossible to tell them apart.

Light needs to be shone on the truth, but there's no one left to hold the torch. The line between life and death is blurred, and the players are all thoroughly entrenched in the game. The question is: am I still one of them?

Review: Kirsty Lander

This wasn't my favourite CM Stunich book, but considering I love everything I've read by her, that doesn't mean a lot. After the hellish ending of Real Ugly, I couldn't wait to get stuck in to this one and find out some much needed answers.

Starting up, right where we left off in Real Ugly, Turner is trying to come to terms with the fact that Naomi is missing and could be dead or alive for all he knows. He's in a bad way - drinking and drugging his life away. His band mates don't know what to do with him, Naomi's band mates hate him and the whole tour is in chaos:

"Where the fuck are you, Knox? 
With your pretty blonde hair and your sunglasses and your fuck you all attitude."

The book, for me, had a little bit of a mystery/thriller feel to it. I know, sounds crazy, but with so much going on surrounding Naomi's disappearance, crazy Katie, Eric and Hayden's odd behaviour, I was forever trying to work out what was going on and get my head around it all. There was of course the same great things in it as the first book; the music, the hot rockstar and most importantly, we still had the love. 

"I was not expecting love, but I was more than willing to embrace the shit out of it."

I was happy to see this isn't the last book in the series and that the story is still unraveling. We do get a ton of answers and resolutions in this book, but there are plenty more to come.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat what happens next. We just screw. We slam together hard and fast, slapping sweaty warm skin against one another and grunting like a bunch of ancient cave fucks. It's ugly. Real ugly. And disgusting. But then, it's beautiful, too."
I rated "Get Bent" 4 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment