Tuesday 23 July 2013

Review: Tarryn Fisher's "The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies #1)."

@Tarryn_Fisher
5 Hearts Review: The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies #1)

Buying Links: Amazon UK  :    http://amzn.to/17z9QeE
                      Amazon.com :    http://amzn.to/1381TcV

Synopsis: 

Olivia Kaspen is a sharp tongued manipulator used to always getting what she wants. With just one exception-Caleb Drake, the one she foolishly let slip away. After a chance encounter brings Caleb back into her life, Olivia finds herself wanting a second chance with her first love, and asking herself how far she is willing to go to get him back. Her only problem is a red head named Leah, Caleb's new love. Olivia must fight for what was once hers, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.

Review: Kirsty:

I fell in love underneath a tree.."

This book is so painful to read. How do two people who love each other so much, that they would go to extremes to prove it, destroy it and try to rid themselves of it, live their lives.. but apart? The Opportunist is all about that and more:

"I was a relationship retard. I kicked, shoved, and punched people out of my life, 
so they never had a chance to hurt me."

The Opportunist starts in the present with Olivia bumping in to her ex, Caleb, who has amnesia after an accident. They have a humongous past, that is both beautiful and heart breaking. In that second of meeting Olivia realises Caleb has no idea who she is, she has to make a split decision, play along with the whole not knowing, or tell him the truth. Unfortunately, or fortunately, she goes with the former. And here starts the unraveling of their past relationship and the tangle of lies that makes up their potential future one. 

The other main character in the book is Leah. In the present chapters she is Caleb's girlfriend. She is pure poison and without giving anything away, I wish she would drop down a hole and stay there.

It physically made me hurt reading this, particularly the last few chapters. I'm sure I'm not supposed to like Olivia so much because of all she has done, but I can't help it. She is a real and honest woman, she knows she has done unspeakable things and isn't afraid to admit it. It makes a wonderful change. 

"There is more to loving someone than just making yourself happy. 
You have to want him to be happier than you are."

I am very much looking forward to the next book, Dirty Red, although I am nervous for what it could mean. This book is told from Leah's POV and she is a class A bitch. I don't want to like her..
 I rated this book 5 Hearts
description

No comments:

Post a Comment