Wednesday 10 July 2013

Review: Jodi Ellen Malpas "This Man (ThisMan #1)."


@JodiEllenMalpas
5 Hearts Review: "This Man" by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Amazon.co.uk:  http://amzn.to/1a6smgb

Amazon.com:    http://amzn.to/183oH1S

Synopsis:                                               

Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming affect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?

My Review by Jo:

After reading all of the positive comments about the This Man trilogy over on Facebook, I decided I couldn't wait any longer to start reading the first book in the series "This Man" and Wow!, I was not disappointed! I loved this series so much and it's quickly become one of my all time favourites.

In the first book we meet Ava, a 26 year old single girl living in London. I instantly liked Ava's character, finding myself laughing out loud at her crazy thoughts and her funny comments. I could easily imagine being friends with her.
 Ava is an interior designer and Mr Ward (the man who lives at "The Manor") is her new client. When Ava meets Mr Ward he's not how she imagined. Jesse Ward is hot, rich and single and has playboy written all over of him. Ava is instantly attracted to him but she's reluctant to let her feeling show, not wanting to get her heart broken.

                 "This man is beautiful, intense and passionate. And he could break my heart"

When Jesse and Ava are together there is a spark that neither of them have felt before. Ava continues to ignore her feelings for Jesse proving that she's no push over, her refusal to give in to Jesse only makes him try harder. Jesse is used to woman falling at his feet! Jesse is self assured, confident and at times arrogant, not giving up when he see's something he wants and he wants Ava more then he's wanted anything else before. His pursuit of Ava is relentless and intense:

                                "How loud do you think you will scream when I fuck you"

I could not read this book quick enough, eager to find out what happened next. I really wanted Ava to give Jesse a chance. Jesse tries so hard to win Ava around.

                                                  "It feels right, you belong with me"

As the story progresses we are introduced to a number of secondary characters, Ava's best friend Kate, and Jesse's friends, Sam and Drew and also Ava's work colleagues Tom and Victoria. I liked all of these characters and enjoyed reading about their stories almost as much as Ava and Jesse. I loved how all of their friends came together to form a group that I would love to be apart of.

Of course, there has to be someone to makes things harder for Ava and Jesse, that person  comes by the name of Sarah. Sarah works for Jesse and is a total bitch, doing everything possible to drive a wedge between Ava and Jesse but Jesse really doesn't see Sarah for the evil woman that she is which really frustrates Ava.

The more you progress through the book the more you discover about Jesse and wonder what secrets he is hiding and why he is so protective and possessive of Ava.

                              "You will always need me Ava. I'm going to make sure of it."

I love this alpha-male behaviour in a character but Ava doesn't react well and the pair constantly fight, bringing out Ava's stubborn side. I loved how Jesse insisted that they "made friends" after each fight or disagreement. Jesse and Ava's relationship grew and Ava realised that she was falling hard.

  "There is definitely something here. And it's knocked the wind right out of my singleton sails."

The sex between Jesse and Ava is  so HOT, I needed oven gloves to hold my kindle!

     "There wont be anywhere on your beautiful body that won't have had me in it, on it or over it."

The couple's love continues to get stronger and Jesse proves that he is more then just a playboy, he really becomes addicted to Ava, constantly wanting to be around her and to make her happy.

                         "Why do you need me?"... "I just do, please don't ever leave me."

Jesse says the most swoon worthy things to Ava resulting in me melting into a very large puddle.

                                                     "I want to look after you forever."

When Jesse's secrets start to unravel and Ava finds out what Jesse's been hiding, she is so shocked and hurt she walks away leaving Jesse heartbroken and alone. This is where the story ends, resulting in a scream of frustration from me. I am glad that I waited to read the books until all three were released. Waiting to find out what happens next would have been agonizing!

This book is very well written and I really enjoyed the humour and the many little catchphrases that are repeated throughout the book.

If you haven't been introduced to Jesse Ward yet I highly recommend you take some time to discover how delicious Jesse is, but be warned you won't want to stop reading. Thank goodness there are three Jesse filled books!
"This Man" gets a huge 5 hearts from me!.






No comments:

Post a Comment