Friday 12 July 2013

Review: Heidi McLaughlin's "My Everything." (Beaumont Series #1.5)

@HeidiJoVT
3 Hearts Review of Heidi McLaughlin's "My Everything."

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/186CqIJ
Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/12BzN9G

Synopsis: 

When Nick Ashford lost his friend, Mason, he didn’t realize he was going to lose his family as well, but that’s exactly what happened. Alone and in a foreign country, Nick is working on rebuilding his life one patient at a time, that is, until a striking volunteer makes her presence known.

Can Nick finish his year in Africa without risking his heart being broken again, or is he willing to start a new chapter in his life before his return to Beaumont?

Review: Kirsty

I'm sort of struggling with what the point of this was. I really enjoyed Forever My Girl. I loved Heidi's writing and her ability to suck me in to a story so of course I was going to read My Everything but I didn't actually care about Nick. He was a douchebag the way left and I was all for Team Liam. 

The first half of this book I liked. It was set in Africa where Nick is working in a children's clinic. I really had high hopes for the new setting and getting to really know what life is like there but it wasn't the case at all. 

"I needed to volunteer. I needed to feel as if my life meant something."

Nick works along side a volunteering nurse, Aubrey, and before we know it they are agreeing to marry. I know it's a novella and therefore it's hard not to have a rushed romance but this one was kind of ridiculous. I didn't believe in it at all.

The second half is really where it lost it for me. Nick and Aubrey are back in the US in Beaumont and about to start up a new friendship with Josie and Liam. It wasn't believable.. some things don't need to be resolved and tied up in a neat little bow and this was one of those things. 

So anyway, I could have lived without having Nick's story. I found it unnecessary.
I rated "My Everything" 3 Hearts 

No comments:

Post a Comment