Friday 12 July 2013

Review: Heidi McLaughlin's "Forever my Girl." (Beaumont Series #1)

@HeidiJoVT
5 Hearts Review: "Forever my Girl" by Heidi McLaughlin

Amazon UK:   http://amzn.to/13zpJo9
Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/12By6sQ

Synopsis:

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.

Review: Kirsty

Brilliant, perfect read.

I had been eagerly awaiting the release of Forever My Girl, I was regularly clicking Amazon like a crazy woman waiting for it to show up and once I did I devoured it within hours.

The story starts off with Liam, the totally hot and sexy bad boy rock star, traveling back to his home town for the funeral of his best friend, ten years after leaving. But not only does he have to face the friends he left behind, he has to face the love of his life and explain how he could just up and leave all those years ago with barely an explanation.


"Her tear-streaked face is beautiful. I want to wipe away her tears. 
I want to take the last ten years and erase them. I want to start over."


I've never read a book like this where the author can have you tearing up over the death of a character that you have never even been introduced to. Mason is the character who had died, the best friend of Liam, and although we never got to meet him I feel as if we really knew him through this story. The author did a really brilliant job.


Josie, Liam's ex girlfriend, has used to the past 10 years to try and move on as best as she can. She thought she was doing a good job of that, that is until he walks back in to her life, rocking everything she once knew. She tries so hard to fight her feelings, after all she is in a relationship now, one she has been in for a long time. Only Josie can't fight her feelings and no matter what she does, there is a pull to Liam that she just can't deny.


"When you love someone, you just know."


I love a story about second chance love and this completely lived up to my expectations. Nothing was rushed, everything felt so real and I loved watching Josie and Liam's feelings come back in full force. They shared something really beautiful for so many years, and the time they spent apart only intensified that once they were brought back together again.

The story is told her alternating POV's which I particularly enjoy in a book, I love being able to get in to each characters head. There are also flashbacks here and there to the past when Josie and Liam were first together which makes you understand their relationship even more. 

"I promise you, I’m done running. I’m still selfish, but only where you and Noah are concerned. 
I have years of spoiling to make up for and I plan to spend every day of my 
life making sure you both know how much I love you."

I couldn't recommend this book enough. It's not a steamy read, it's a beautiful love story that I enjoyed from start to finish.
I really can't wait to read more in this series. I rated this book 5 Huge Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment