Sunday 9 June 2013

Teaser: Kylie Scott's "Lick."


 
Kylie Scott's uncoming novel "Lick" looks right up our street. I put up the synopsis and half of chapter one a couple of days ago but here is another teaser to keep us going until 1st July 2013 . I really can't wait to read this one!!!!

Ky
lie Scott:

Now, let it be noted, I have broken the 8 sentences rule because some of these sentences are teeny tiny. Normally I don’t let that throw me into some sort of wild west chaotic state of mind where sentence count no longer matters and anarchy rules. But this brief bit doesn’t work any shorter. (To the powers that be, apologies.) Here is David, our hero, facing off with Mal, the drummer from his band, over the situation regarding his impromptu Vegas wedding. Enjoy.
“I feel your manpain, bro. Really, I do. I mean, all you wanted was a girl that wouldn’t kiss your ass for once and now you’re pissed at her for the same damn reason. It’s complicated, right?”
“Fuck you. Leave it alone, Mal. It’s done.” My husband huffed out a breath. “Anyway, she’s the one who wanted the fucking divorce. Why aren’t you giving her the third degree, huh?”
With a dramatic sigh, Mal flung out his arms. “Because she’s really busy hiding around the corner, listening. I can’t disturb her now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment