Monday 26 November 2018

Review: Cherrie Lynn's "Breathless (Ross Siblings #5.5)."


Synopsis: 

Seth and Macy Warren haven't been married long, but they have their eyes on the future. Macy is excited to start a family, while Seth debates the pros and cons of giving up their spontaneity for the potential perils of parenthood. But Macy thinks she can convince him...

When he gets a chance to relive some of his past glory days by rejoining his former band onstage, though, he jumps at it. Still, she thinks she can turn the trip to his gig into some baby-making fun. Until she comes face-to-face with a part of Seth’s past that she'd hoped to never deal with again.

Macy knows she shouldn't have her doubts. But she also knows that when you have everything, you have everything to lose.


Review: Jo 

I first discovered Cherrie Lynn about five years ago, not long after I reignited my love of reading. I read a few of the books in the "Ross Siblings" series and loved them so much that they have stayed with me. I'm not sure why I didn't continue with the series, I'm pretty sure I planned to, but I guess I just forgot as I became swamped in an endless amount of romance books that I wanted to read. So, as soon as I saw this book, I was reminded of Seth and Macy's first novel and instantly requested this new novella. This new instalment had so much going for it and I'm happy that I took the time to be reunited with Cherrie's work. I am looking forward to catching up with more of her books in the future. 

"Who needed drugs, who needed alcohol, who the fuck needed the stage, 
when they could have this." 

This short story saw me catching up with Seth and Macy. The sexy couple were now happily married, living out their fairy tale life when Seth gets the invite to do a one off show with his old band. What unfolds from then on was a cute and steamy tale that I thoroughly enjoyed. I loved how things had turned out for Seth and Macy. They were still so madly in love and crazy happy together, however Seth returning to his past sees Macy's old insecurities resurface. 

"You're my fucking world. My heart beats for you. Only you."

As well as the beautiful swoon-worthy romance and the red hot sex that I was reading, I also loved that this story was a story about marriage and a long lasting relationship rather than a tale of first and new love. It made me so happy to see how hard Seth and Macy worked on their marriage and how that hard work paid off. It was a refreshing change to read a story about the ups and downs of making a relationship work for the long haul. Seth and Macy still had that chemistry that had drawn me to them at the beginning of the series. Their love story continued to be everything that I had hoped. 

"There's nowhere else on earth I would rather be than here, right now, with you."
"Macy, every moment with you has been that way for me. Every fucking moment."


"Breathless" gets ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment