Tuesday 12 September 2017

Review: Meredith Wild & Chelle Bliss's "Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures #1)."


Synopsis:

Fresh off a divorce from a Hollywood hotshot, Madison Atwood needs an escape. With the paparazzi fresh on her heels and her love life splashed on every tabloid, she runs away to a swanky retreat in Northern California. Avalon Springs is the mountainside haven she needs to find herself again. 

Luke Dawson lives off the grid, preferring solitude to society. When he finds a beautiful woman soaking in the hot springs on his property, he can’t stop himself from watching her. She captures his attention, but she’s just a city girl—a beautiful distraction disturbing the peace he’s settled here to find. 

When Madison discovers Luke’s secluded cabin, he can’t turn her away again. They make no promises. Madison needs to feel wanted again, and Luke misses the touch of a woman. But when mother nature has other plans, they’re forced to spend more than a night of passion together. Can Luke say goodbye to the only woman who’s made him feeling anything in years, and can Madison leave behind the man who brought her back to life?

Review: Jo 

This was a book that didn't immediately grab me, however after the first few chapters things changed a hell of a lot and I was loving the story of Madison and Luke. I couldn't have been happier with the way it played out. I loved "Misadventures of a City Girl." 

"Say yes to me, Madison, and mean it. 
Then all you'll feel is me worshipping you." 

Newly divorced, Madison decided to spend some much needed time away at a spa retreat. This is where she meets country recluse Luke and things became hot very quickly. Soon Madison forgot all about her ex-husband and was starting a new and exciting romance with Luke. I liked Madison but Luke wasn't a character that I immediately swooned over. For me, a grouchy hermit with an overgrown beard didn't sound at all attractive, so I think that's why it took me a while to become invested in the story and in Madison and Luke's relationship. Luckily, I continued to read on and a few chapters in and everything changed as I realised how freakin' gorgeous Luke turned out to be. He was both deliciously sexy and utterly dreamy. Who would have thought such a gorgeous man was lying underneath that rugged introvert. 

"When I let him inside me, I didn't expect he'd get this close to my heart." 

The relationship between Madison and Luke was on fire. They were red hot together and I loved every single minute of their sexcapes. They also shared a bucket load of swoon-worthy romance, so as you can easily see, this book turned out to be a fantastic standalone read which I highly recommend. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. 

"Loving Madison has become the sole reason for my existence." 

"Misadventures of a City Girl" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment