Thursday 14 September 2017

Review: Kendall Ryan's "Dirty Little Secrets (Forbidden Desires #1)."


Synopsis: 

She’s much too innocent for me, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting the sweet, young librarian. I’m dominating and possessive, and my control streak runs a mile wide. 

The way she looks at me—like I’m one of the heroes in the books she loves, like I’m broken, and she wants to be the one to piece me back together—it only complicates things further. I’m nobody’s hero. 

But there’s no denying my tragic past reads like one of her favorite literary classics. It’s raw. Visceral. Captivating. And together, we’re a perfect mess. 

How can I resist when the sexual sparks zapping between us set me on fire? The need to control, and claim her force my walls to come tumbling down, but when she learns about my dirty little secret, will my world come crashing down with it?

Review: Jo 

I hadn't read a Kendall Ryan book in way too long, so when I saw this one, I couldn't wait to dive in. Yet again, this author did not disappoint. Kendall has delivered a book that I loved. Now, I just have to try and wait patiently for book two in the series. I cannot wait to see what happens next. "Dirty Little Secret" was a fantastic read with a story that had me gripped every step of the way.

"She was a classic girl-next-door type. 
A walking wet dream. 
Someone I had no right to desire, but I wanted all the same." 

Sweet librarian, Emma had spent months crushing on the deliciously sexy, Gavin and finally plucked up the courage to do something about her attraction. What happened from then on was a passionate and steamy romance between the pair. I loved when things were heating up for Emma and Gavin but there was also moments that had me wanting to throw something at Gavin. He had so many good qualities but equally a lot of bad points and I wouldn't have blamed Emma if she had turned her back on Gavin. His constant push and pull towards Emma drove me insane. 

"This isn't one of your storybooks. I never promised you a happy ending."

Thankfully, things did improve for Emma and Gavin and I adored what was happening before me, however I quickly realised that the author was lulling me into a false sense of security. Just as I was beginning to feel hopeful for the sexy couple, a twist was thrown in to make my heart stop. OMG!! The ending to this book just about killed me! I really wasn't expecting it to finish up in the way that it did. I'm left desperate for the next book. Thank goodness I only have to wait until next month.

"This moment...this woman? It was everything."

If you love a sexy, domineering alpha in your story and don't mind a cliffhanger ending, this is a book that you won't be able to resist. 

"Dirty Little Secret" gets 4 hearts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment